CAPACITY EXPANSION CONSIDERATIONS- 1350 mw gas based expansion project
Following are Key Milestones achieved :
- Environmental Clearance (“EC”) for an additional capacity of 1350 MW
- NOC from State CRZ Authority.
- Financial Closure for the first block of 350+ MW achieved on 29th June 2010.
- Consent for Establishment (CFE) from APPCB.
- No-Objection Certificate from AAI for stack height of the proposed capacity addition.
- Land to the tune of 815 Acres already been acquired, which can cater the need of further expansion(s)
- Permission from GoAP for required water from Godavari River.
- Sea water is envisaged for the major
- Fuel Linkage for the addition capacity is under active consideration, as this is linked to project progress.
- Grid Connectivity has been allotted by PGCIL (CTU) and system studies for Long Term Access is underway.
- Interconnection point with APSEB / AP Transco can off-take up to 400 MW more power easily.
Project execution and Organisation set-up
- The proposed expansion project would be implemented on EPC route. Hence, the entire construction aids/facilities/management would be a part of the EPC contract.
- SPGL is coming out with its offer - Tender Bid Document for the execution of its expansion program, shortly.
- The present set up has adequate and experienced manpower to monitor the EPC contractor during the construction stage of the expansion project. However, if the need arises, services from reputed organization would be sourced.